1 week until Christmas – Healthy Delicious Desserts
I posted about Music, decorations and Movies.
But another big thing with Christmas is food.
And because everyone is afraid to gain some weight.
So I have different recipes to make a delicious and healthy Christmas meal.
Spicy Caramel Brownies Ingredients:
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
4.25 ounces all-purpose flour (almost 1 cup)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Pour sweetened condensed milk into the top of a double boiler; place over boiling water. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until mixture is thick and caramel-colored, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe dish, and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until almost melted, stirring after 15 seconds.
Combine melted chocolate, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended.
Add vanilla and egg whites; beat until well blended.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup.
Combine flour, 1/3 cup cocoa, baking powder, pepper, and salt.
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat just until blended.
Stir half of sweetened condensed milk into batter.
Spoon batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Dollop the remaining sweetened condensed milk by the spoonful over chocolate mixture; swirl together using a knife.
Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
24 ounces 1 percent cottage cheese
8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, serving suggestion
1. Position the racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven. Put a small roasting pan on the lower rack and fill about 1/3 full of water. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray and wrap the outside bottom of the pan with aluminum foil to prevent any leaks.
2. Crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, water, and melted butter in a medium bowl until moistened. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes, while preparing the filling.
3. Filling: Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power until soft and melted, about 1 minute, depending on the power of your oven. Stir until smooth. Puree the cottage cheese in the bowl of a food processor until smooth. Add the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, and flour and continue to puree, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until smooth. Add the egg, egg whites, espresso, and vanilla and puree until incorporated. Add the melted chocolate and pulse until just combined. Pour over the prepared crust.
4. Put the pan on the upper rack in the oven and bake until just set and the center jiggles slightly, about 50 to 55 minutes. Turn off the oven and let stand in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack and run a knife around the edge of the pan.
5. Let stand at room temperature until cooled, about 2 hours, and then refrigerate until well chilled, 8 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. For easier serving, slice with a clean hot knife, wiped clean after each slice. Serve each slice with a few fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.
Cranberry-Coconut Bread Pudding Ingredients:
5 large eggs
3 large egg whites
3 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh cranberries
8 cups day-old whole-wheat bread cubes (1/2-inch)
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
1. Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, brown sugar, candied ginger, rum (if using), vanilla and salt until combined. Add cranberries and stir until incorporated. Add bread and stir until combined. Let stand for 30 minutes, pressing the bread down into the liquid a few times to help it absorb the custard.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Transfer the pudding mixture to the prepared pan. Coat a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the pan with it, sprayed-side down.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with coconut and continue baking until puffed and firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes more. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.